Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Favorite Things: Peety style


Get excited... it's Peety's favorite things!! He worked so hard on compiling this list so I hope you enjoy it. =)

First, a little background on our fuzzy buddy: We adopted Peety when he was almost a year old. He just celebrated his second birthday on November 23. Peety's a pug. I didn't want a pug. I wanted the biggest lab I could find... or at least another type of large dog... like a German Shepherd, etc... I wanted nothing to do with a little dog... especially a PUG! I thought they were a little on the ugly side, loud, snorty, smelly and couldn't possibly be good cuddle buddies. Dac, however, had grown up with a pug and loved them.

When Peety moved into his temporary home (the yard next door) Dac had me shut my eyes as he walked me into the back yard over my lunch break. When I opened my eyes, it was love at first sight. There he was. This little bug-eyed guy with the most cuddleliest face in the whole world was standing there... peering over the fence and wanting me to take him home and love him forever. Every day after that I'd go visit him (our neighbor is the sweetest lady ever and she'd let me play with him anytime I wanted). After about a month of that, Dac surprised me with a fence for our anniversary so we could bring Peety to live with us. =) That was the best gift ever. I still think pugs are a little on the ugly side (so ugly they're cute...Peety being the cutest of course), loud, snorty and smelly... but I've grown to love all those things anyway.

Ok, that's ENOUGH sappy dog talk. Here's the list:


1) Milk-Bone Original Dog Treats: These treats are small and perfect for Peety. They've helped us teach him to sit, stay and poop outside. How could we, I mean Peety, not love them?



2) Puppia Harness: We don't actually have this yet (shhh... it's his Christmas present) but we've read/heard so many great things about it. It's soft, mesh - so it breathes, and it's perfect for a Dog like Peety. We'd hate to choke him while we're walking... then, he wouldn't be able to breathe. If he didn't breathe, he wouldn't snort, and we don't want that. =) I'll let you know how we end up liking it.

Doesn't it look dashing on this smushy-faced little guy?





3) Kong Classic: When he's a really good boy, he gets this filled with tasty peanut butter. That's a really good day for Peety.


4) Petstages Orka Jack: This was the first toy we got Peety and it's still his favorite. He loves chewing on it, dragging it around the house, playing keep away and playing tug-of-war.


5) FURminator: Peety is a big-time shedder. NOT COOL. This de-shedding tool is pretty dang cool though. It takes off a TON of fur.



6) FURminator Waterless De-Shedding Shampoo: We use this with our furminator tool. You just spray it on, dry him off and voila! He smells pretty.



7) Sterilized Beef Bone: This simple little bone is a God-send. Peety chews and chews and chews... which used to be an unpleasant thing. Not anymore!!! hahaha. We've tricked him into chewing on this. The job's never done b/c the bone never goes away. This literally lasts years and doesn't get all torn up or splintery. He chews on it constantly. We LOVE this.

8) Bag Balm: This is another item we haven't tried yet but we will once Peety opens it in his stocking. His paws are little dry and cranky. I've read this is just the stuff we need. Can't wait to try it!



Let me know your favorite pet items too... we're always looking for cool new stuff! Oh and get excited... you'll be seeing pictures of Peety very, very soon!

No comments: